Sub K Partnership Analytics
Sub K is an innovative new software system for making partnership allocations according to IRC Subchapter K.
Built using state of the art data analysis technology, Sub K is designed for partnerships having both large volumes of data and difficult special allocations to which Excel and relational database tools are unsuited.
It is fast, easy to use, and tax-technically correct.
- A comprehensive, fully-integrated tax-technical model that covers all of the special allocation areas that typically cause problems for partnerships.
- Tax-technically correct allocation algorithms having no false simplifying assumptions.
- Powerful and easy to use OLAP information reporting that allows for the analysis of data from many perspectives.
- Transparency and depth of detail such that all partnership allocations can be reconstructed by hand.
- Simple web-based deployment requiring no special hardware or additional software.
Key Tax-Technical Features
- Tracking of partnersí economic, 704(b) book interests
- Tracking of assetsí 704(b) book basis, tax basis, and 704(c) differences
- Tracking of partnersí shares of 704(c) differences
- Tracking of assetsí depreciation and amortization expense following MACRS and ACRS methods
- Traditional, remedial, and curative 704(c) allocation methods, and variations
- Prorata allocation and special allocation of miscellaneous income and loss items
- Flowthrough allocation of tax items in tiered partnerships
- State allocation and apportionment, with flowthrough and recomputation of apportionment factors
Sub K is offered for commercial use with flexible, subscription-based licensing.
Sub K is free for academic use.
Crimson Tree Software also provides services to assist customers in collecting partnership data and implementing Sub K. Implementation typically requires one to two weeks of work, most of that time spent by customers in collecting and organizing partnership information.